After a comprehensive medical history and physical examination, your doctor may recommend one or more imaging treatments and tests to help diagnose your neck pain. Medical imaging includes X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, and electromyography.
A specialist may be recommended by your doctor based on the results. Neck pain treatments include:
- Postural fixes and posture correctors
- Nerve Flossing
- Myofascial release
- Ice and heat therapy
- neck collar/brace
- Physiotherapy, posture correctors, and painkillers (or medicines, if you have an infection), as necessary.
- corticosteroid injections
- Surgery, which is rarely necessary
Alternative therapies include:
- chiropractic treatment
- transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
Always consult a qualified medical expert before trying any of these techniques. You should not wear a collar or brace for your neck unless your medical professional advises it. Your condition may get even more severe if you don't take them exactly as prescribed.
At Atlas Pain Specialists, our speciality is identifying the root cause of your pain so that we can have an informed conversation about the best course of treatment, regardless of whether it is intermittent or chronic.