We here at Atlas Pain Management understand how frustrating and difficult it can be to have pain in your arm. It can affect your quality of life by hindering your ability to do normal activities.
If you're experiencing arm pain, it's important to identify the cause so that appropriate treatment can be administered.
There are many potential causes of arm pain, and the specific cause will depend on the pain's location, intensity, and duration.
Some common causes of arm pain include:
- Overuse injuries: Repetitive strain injuries can occur when you perform the same motion repeatedly, such as typing or lifting weights. These injuries can cause pain in the elbow, wrist, or shoulder.
- Fractures: A broken bone in the arm can cause severe pain and may require medical attention.
- Tendinitis: This is an inflammation of the tendons, the thick cords that attach muscles to bone. Tendinitis can cause pain in the elbow, wrist, or shoulder.
- Bursitis: This is an inflammation of the small bursae fluid-filled sacs that cushion and lubricate the joints. Bursitis can cause pain in the elbow, wrist, or shoulder.
- Pinched nerve: A pinched nerve occurs when a nerve becomes compressed or squeezed, causing pain, numbness, or tingling. This can occur in the neck, elbow, wrist, or shoulder.
If you're experiencing arm pain, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to help you find relief and get back to living your life to the fullest.